I met Chloe Reid for the first time at the Washington International Horse Show and it was nice getting to know her. She is definitely a top young rider to watch. This summer she went to Europe to train with the young riders and compete on the European circuit.
1. What are your horses names? Damascus, Toulon, King of Hearts, Amberteak and
2. What divisions do you ride in? Junior Jumpers and some professional classes.
3. Where do you live? Washington, DC
4. What is the name of your barn and trainer? I ride at Snowbrook with Kim Prince.
5. How old are you? 16
6. How long have you been riding? Since I was 4 years old.
7. How many days a week do you practice? 4 days a week.
8. Do you set goals for yourself? Yes, My mother is really into that.
9. What is your favorite horse show and why? I have a couple of favorites for different reasons. WIHS because it’s in my home town and in a real city. The horses are on the streets and everyone stays at the Monaco Hotel and celebrates the end of the horse show year. Lake Placid because it is really fun in the summer. The horse show finishes up in the afternoon and we can get out on the lake to wake board and tube. It is relaxed and fun families attend the show. Live Oak because it is on my grandmothers farm in Ocala which is beautiful.
10. Which riders inspire you? My trainer Kim Prince, Beezie Madden and Reed Kessler.