Zola’s Post wants to introduce Sunnie who has a online blog called Modern Girl Nutrition. It is a healthy living blog and most of her recipes are vegetarian. I’ve been following her for about a month and she has the best ideas for healthy treats. Her other passion is horseback riding, writing, photography, cooking, and sharing her recipes which is why her blog is fun to follow. I hope we can meet each other one day!!! She inspires me to eat healthy…Make sure you check out all of her cool recipes.
1. Where do you live? Las Vegas, Nevada
2. How long have you been riding? 13 Years
3. What are your ponies names? I ride and show two medium ponies their names are Lego and Buddy and they are awesome!
4. Where do you ride and who is your trainer? My dressage trainer is Charlotte Nielson of Cooper Ranch. My Hunter Jumper trainer is Judy Nielson of Aspen Hill Farm.
5. What division do you show in? I show Second and Third Level Dressage on Lego, and Training level on our new guy Buddy. Last year I competed in the medium greens at USEF Pony Finals as well as the USEF Pony Medal Final. In the past I’ve shown in Jumpers, Hunters, Equitaion, and Three Day Eventing! They’re all so different. I’ve always loved the adrenaline of eventing and jumpers, but have come to love the Dressage and Hunters, too! Switching between the disciplines can be tricky, but I love the variety!
6. What is your favorite horse show and why? USEF Pony Finals is my favorite horse show . The amazing venue, the atmosphere, the golf cart parade and other fun activities, and the huge arena make it amazing. I’ve been blessed to have been able to compete in 2009 on a small green and 2012 on Lego. I also went in 2010 to watch a friend! Last year, we drove from Las Vegas to Lexington, KY with Lego! It was quite the road trip!
7. What are your ponies favorite treats? The ponies love watermelon, peppermints, and bananas. They are pretty much vacuums and eat anything!
8. How many days a week do you train? I ride the ponies 6 days a week, and they get Sunday to lounge and sunbathe.
9. Any other hobbies? I love photography, painting, blogging, long distance running, fashion, and writing.
10. What riders inspire you? There are too many to list! Lille Keenan has always been an inspiration, as well as Reed Kessler! I also think McLain Ward and John French are fantastic riders. And of course my trainer, Charlotte!
11. Who is your favorite designer? Valentino
12. Where do you shop? Abercrombie and Fitch, H&M, Forever 21, Charlotte Russe, and definitely my sister’s closet.